Points Panda has partnered with a variety of financial companies including CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points Panda and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. For more information please read our full Advertiser Disclosure.
The Chase Ink Preferred is the absolute best value business credit card.
If you’re a business owner you should think about getting the Chase Ink Business Preferred, especially for a small business. It’s a Visa card and really valuable for a couple of different reasons.
- The number one reason is the absolutely massive sign-up bonus. You’ll get 100,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points after spending $15,000 within three months of getting the card. If you book through the Chase portal, that’s worth $1250 in value on future travel as advertised by Chase. However, you can still stretch this value considering the multiple airlines you can transfer your points to. The $95 annual fee is not waived for the first year, but I’m going to walk you through why you should still get this card.
- Amazing perk for business. Earn 3 points per $1 on travel of up to $150,000 in combined purchases of shipping purchases, cable services, and advertising purchases (PPC advertising, Facebook marketing, Google AdWords, YouTube accounts, and Instagram). All other purchases earn 1 point per $1. Quickly doing the mental math, what you spend on PPC or Digital marketing can translate into a tremendous amount of points!
Chase Transferable Points
Remember, Chase Ultimate Rewards points are transferable points. Transferable points allow you to have more choices for airlines or hotels. You can actually transfer those points to a whole bunch of different airlines and different hotel chains. This will help you stay flexible and get the best redemption in terms of your points.
A couple of other things that I really liked about the Chase Ink Preferred card.
- No foreign transaction fees. The rates don’t change when you use your card outside of the United States.
- Cellphone coverage: I probably use this more than I should on cell phone coverage. If your cell phone is damaged and you paid for that cell phone with your Chase Ink, you can actually have it insured for up to $600 in value. It’s embarrassing, but I always figure out some way to lose or break my phone. It’s a valuable perk, and even if you’re not using it, there’s peace of mind.
Last few things to keep in mind about the Chase Ink Preferred traveling perks in this review.
- If you’re an avid traveler or aspiring travel hacker, the Chase Ink card gives you baggage insurance and baggage protection. A normal fear when traveling is that your bag is either going to be lost or delayed. Chase will actually reimburse you up to $500 if your bag is delayed and you have to go out and buy new clothes or supplies!
- If your bag is completely lost, Chase will reimburse you up to $3,000 based on the value of the items in that bag. It’s a bit a lengthy process to go through, but they do payout from past experience and helping others use this perk.
- The last perk is that there’s also trip delay protection. If your flight is delayed by more than 6 hours you can get up to $5,000 in incidentals while waiting. If you’re are consistently getting delayed, it’s nice to have that peace of mind. I had the same protection with my Ritz-Carlton visa and I actually crossed my fingers hoping my flights got delayed or canceled just so I could go spend a pretty significant amount of money eating good food and staying in nice hotels.
We talk about this card a lot in our reviews. Since we’re also a small business, the 3 points back on advertising dollars is a huuuge perk from the Chase Ink Preferred card. However, some people might get turned away by the $95 annual fee so if you think that you can’t afford to pay this, you can opt for the Chase Ink Business Cash Credit card. There are other major differences between these two cards such as the points earning and welcome bonus.
You can apply for one today and get the points from all your business spending.
PointsPanda Deal of the Week!
Looking for the best flight deals? Each week we'll send you updates with the best deals on flights and hotels both using points and cash.