Points Panda has partnered with a variety of financial companies including CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points Panda and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. For more information please read our full Advertiser Disclosure.
The American Express Everyday Card is a Good Starter Card.
The American Express Everyday starter card is a really basic and simple card where you can earn membership award points with no annual fee.
- This card has a small sign up bonus of 10,000 Membership Rewards Points. Remember, Membership Rewards Points are transferable. You can easily transfer these points to a variety of different airlines and hotels. This gives you a lot of flexibility and can also give you a lot of value.
- Straight forward and simple, there’s no annual fee. You can sign up for this credit and there’s no reason to cancel it, you can keep it forever.
- You can earn 1 point per dollar on every purchase.
- 2 points per dollar spent on supermarkets with up to $6,000 dollars per year. This is totally feasible for most shoppers giving you up to 12,000 extra points on your regular grocery shopping.
- There’s a 0% APR on the first 15 months.
Who is the American Express Everyday card good for?
- People who just want another card in their wallet. If you’ve exhausted a lot of your other options, this is a good card to add on.
- If you’re a beginner, you have limited credit and want a good starter card with no annual fee. This is a pretty solid option for earning membership reward points too.
Although the perks are limited, there’s basic purchase protection from American Express.
Really, the key selling points are no annual fee and 10,000 points sign up. There are definitely some cons with this card like foreign transaction fees (2.7%). When compared to the Chase Freedom card, the benefits really come down to whether or not you want your extra points accrued at the supermarket with the Amex Everyday card or if you want to take advantage of revolving categories that change every 3 months with the Chase Freedom card.