Points Panda has partnered with a variety of financial companies including CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points Panda and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. For more information please read our full Advertiser Disclosure.
The American Express Everyday Card is a Good Starter Card.
The Blue Cash Everyday Card from American Express is a really basic and simple card where you can earn membership award points with no annual fee.
- This card has a decent welcome offer of $200 after spending $2,000 within the first six months of getting the card. Cardholders will earn the bonus in the form of a statement credit.
- Straight forward and simple, the Blue Cash Everyday Card is a no-annual-fee card so you can sign up for it and just keep it forever.
- 3% cashback per dollar spent on supermarkets (up to $6,000 dollars per year). This is totally feasible for most shoppers giving you up to 12,000 extra points on your regular grocery shopping.
- 2% cashback per dollar spent on U.S. gas stations and eligible department stores.
- 1% cashback on all other purchases.
- There’s a 0% APR on the first 15 months of getting the card.
Who is the American Express Everyday card good for?
- People who just want another rewards credit card in their wallet. If you’ve exhausted a lot of your other options, this is a good card to add on.
- If you’re a beginner, you have limited credit and want a good starter card with no annual fee. This is a pretty solid option for earning membership reward points too.
Although the perks are limited, there’s basic purchase protection from American Express.
Really, the key selling points are zero annual fees and competitive cashback rates. There are definitely some cons with this card like foreign transaction fees (2.7%). When compared to the Chase Freedom Flex, the benefits really come down to whether or not you want your extra points accrued at the supermarket with the Amex Everyday card or if you want to take advantage of revolving categories that change every 3 months with the Chase Freedom Flex. You can sign up for our travel concierge if you’re new to the world of credit cards. We offer unlimited credit card and award booking assistance for one whole year!