Points Panda has partnered with a variety of financial companies including CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points Panda and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. For more information please read our full Advertiser Disclosure.
To all the points geeks out there, it’s time to rejoice! American Express is showering us with not 1, not 5, not even 10, but 12 Amex transfer bonus deals for the whole month of September!
If you’re planning to stack up on points and miles, now’s the time to do it! Let’s take a look, shall we?
12 Amex Transfer Bonus Promo For September
From September 1 – 30, 2022, Membership Rewards loyalty members will earn bonus points and miles if they transfer their points to the following loyalty programs below.
- 25% transfer bonus to Aer Lingus AerClub
- 20% transfer bonus to Aeromexico Club Premier
- 15% transfer bonus to Aeroplan
- 25% transfer bonus to Air France/KLM Flying Blue
- 15% transfer bonus to Avianca LifeMiles
- 25% transfer bonus to British Airways Avios
- 20% transfer bonus to Hawaiian Airlines HawaiianMiles
- 20% transfer bonus to Qantas Frequent Flyer
- 30% transfer bonus to Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
- 25% transfer bonus to Choice Privileges
- 30% transfer bonus to Hilton Honors
- 20% transfer bonus to Marriott Bonvoy
Which Program Should I Transfer My Amex Points To?
Remember, a higher bonus doesn’t always guarantee the best value for your points and it’s even harder to decide with so many transfer partners to choose from.
Here are some of our recommendations to which you can transfer your Amex points.
Aer Lingus Business Class For 40k-50k Amex Points
Using your 25% transfer bonus to Aer Lingus Avios, your 40k – 50k Amex points is worth 50,000 – 62,500 Avios which is the cost of a one-way business class trip from the U.S. to Ireland.
ANA First Class With Virgin Atlantic Flying Club For 43K-47K US Amex Points
Once you’ve transferred your 43,000 Amex points to Virgin Atlantic and factor in the 30% bonus, you’ll get around 55,000 Flying Club miles which is enough to book a direct first class flight from the US West Coast to Japan.
If you’re flying from the East Coast, a direct first class flight will take 47,000 Amex points or 60,000 Flying Club miles after factoring in the 30% bonus.
Lufthansa First Class With Avianca For 76K Amex Points
Using Avianca Lifemiles is a great way to book Lufthansa First Class flights to Europe. With the 15% transfer bonus, your 76,000 Amex points will get you 87,000 LifeMiles which is enough to book a first class flight from the U.S. West Coast or East Coast to Frankfurt.
Just remember, Lufthansa doesn’t release first class award space to its partner airlines until 2 to 3 weeks out so don’t book to far from your travel date. However, this rule isn’t set in stone because one of our Points Panda staff was able to book a Lufthansa first class flight from Mexico City to Frankfurt 6 weeks out.
How To Earn Amex Points
There are a handful of American Express credit cards where you can earn points from, however, here are some of our recommended cards that comes with big bonuses and solid perks.
- The Platinum Card® from American Express – Get a welcome bonus of 100,000 Membership Rewards Points after spending $6,000 within the first 6 months of card membership
- American Express® Gold Card – Get 60,000 Membership Rewards points after spending $4,000 within the first six months of card membership.
For the month of September, American Express has a whole bunch of transfer bonuses going on. To access them, head over here to American Express and login, and select to Transfer Points from the Redeem option. Remember, once the points are transferred to one of these programs, you cannot transfer them back!
PointsPanda Deal of the Week!
Looking for the best flight deals? Each week we'll send you updates with the best deals on flights and hotels both using points and cash.