Points Panda has partnered with a variety of financial companies including CreditCards.com for our coverage of credit card products. Points Panda and CreditCards.com may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers. Enrollment may be required for select American Express benefits and offers. Visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired. For more information please read our full Advertiser Disclosure.
The Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card is perfect for flyers who are Delta loyalists. It’s actually a popular choice among travel enthusiasts given that Delta airlines is one of the legacy carriers that have regular flights to over 170 countries.
Imagine yourself getting a free flight to any of these countries, wouldn’t that be great? Not to mention, you’ll also get additional perks that come along with the card.
Delta SkyMiles Gold Rewards Program
Earn 65,000 Bonus Miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases within the first 6 months. Offer ends on 11/9/22.
As for the rewards, here’s what you’ll earn:
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases
Delta SkyMiles Gold Benefits
The card also comes with a plethora of travel benefits ranging from discounts, travel credits, and free baggage.
- First checked bag is free on Delta flights plus Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding
- Get $100 Delta flight credit after spending $10,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year
- Enjoy a $0 introductory Annual Fee for the first year, then $99 (Terms Apply)
Insurance, Buyer Protection & Other Perks
Apart from the major perks listed above, the Delta SkyMiles Gold also comes with additional perks that people often forget about.
- Extended warranty – You can get an additional year for warranties from partner manufacturers.
- Car rental insurance – Use your credit card to pay for car rental services and you’ll get theft and damage insurance.
- Return/Purchase protection – When you use your card to purchase any item, it will be eligible for return or purchase protection of up to $1000. Protection is valid within 90 days.
- Exclusive access to presales – You’ll have priority access to ticket sales, and other VIP events.
Why You Should Get This Card
The reason why you want to get this travel credit card is that it offers non-expiring miles, priority boarding, and free checked bags. If you frequently fly with your families and friends, you get to save thousands of dollars on checked bags alone.
In addition, you’ll be qualified for the Delta Medallion Program quickly since you’ll be flying with Delta airlines most of the time. Reaching Medallion status comes with more perks and benefits that are not available for regular SkyMiles members.
Why You May Get Other Other Cards
If you’re not a fan of annual fees and just want a simple rewards credit card with basic perks, try the Discover It Miles card which has zero annual fees and foreign transaction fees.
Delta SkyMiles Gold stopped offering access to Delta SkyClub lounges so that’s a major drawback on why you may want another card. It doesn’t make sense because the card forces you to fly Delta so you can maximize the benefits, but you have no free access to its airport lounge.
Should I Get The Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Card?
Why should you get the Delta Skymiles Gold Business Card from American Express? The business version of the card has a bonus offer of 70,000 miles after spending $3,000 within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer Ends 11/9/2022.
Here are the miles earnings:
- 2x on Delta purchases
- 2x on eligible U.S. advertising purchases in select media
- 2x on eligible U.S. shipping purchases
- 2x on eligible purchases at restaurants
- 1x on other purchases
You can see that the miles earnings are very focused on business expenses compared to the regular version which focuses on restaurants and U.S. supermarkets.
Picking the right card depends on your lifestyle and your spending habits. If you need a credit card or award booking assistance, you can sign up for our travel concierge and get unlimited consultation for one whole year.
PointsPanda Deal of the Week!
Looking for the best flight deals? Each week we'll send you updates with the best deals on flights and hotels both using points and cash.