Points Panda has partnered with a variety of financial companies including CreditCards.com for our coverage of credit card products. Points Panda and CreditCards.com may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers. Enrollment may be required for select American Express benefits and offers. Visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired. For more information please read our full Advertiser Disclosure.
In 2021, Qatar Business Class aka the Qatar Qsuites was named the World’s Best Business Class for the sixth time by Skytrax Awards. The Qsuites are famously known for their luxurious seats that feature privacy dividers, lie-flat beds, a wide selection of entertainment options, and luxurious food offerings.
Additionally, Qatar Airways has also bagged other awards in the 2021 Skytrax Awards such as the Airline of the Year award, Covid-19 Excellence award, Best Business Class Onboard Catering, and World’s Best Business Class Airline Lounge. There’s no doubt that this Doha-based carrier has set the airline standards for luxury flying.
As of this writing, the Doha-based carrier is flying to more than 160 destinations in South America, North America, Asia, Africa, Europe, and the Middle East.
This article will particularly focus on answering four questions about the Qsuites:
What Are Qsuites?
In 2017, Qatar Airways upgraded its Business Class offering to the Qatar Qsuites and initially launched them on the Boeing 777-300 ER and A350 XWB planes.
Here are the notable features of the Qsuite:
- Privacy Doors – Each seat has a sliding door with a “Do Not Disturb” indicator so you can rest undisturbed.
- Mood Lighting – Burgundy and grey lighting to maintain a relaxing ambiance during the flight.
- Lie-flat Beds – Seats are fully convertible into lie-flat beds. Passengers will also receive complimentary sleep amenities from The White Company (Available on long-haul night flights and ultra-long-haul flights).
- Storage Space – Each seat features multiple storage spaces to keep your important belongings.
- In-flight Entertainment – A vast selection of tv shows, movies, sports, and audiobooks.
- Charging/Media Ports – USB, HDMI, and NFC ports are available on each seat so you can connect or charge your devices.
- Quad and Couple Seats – Seats have movable panels which allow passengers to combine their seats and turn them into a quad room or a couple room.
Which Planes Have Qsuites?
As of this writing, only four planes have the Qsuites installed on them and these are:
- Airbus A350-1000
- Airbus A350-900
- Boeing 777-200LR
- Boeing 777-300ER
As of today, Qatar Airways is continuously retrofitting its remaining fleet with Qsuite seats, except for the A330s, 787s, and A380s which will be retired around 2024 as the airline will eventually replace them with the Airbus A350, and Boeing 777X.
How To Choose The Right Qsuite Seat
The Qsuite cabin features a 1-2-1 seat configuration which means single seats on each window side and two seats in the middle.
Odd-numbered rows are rear-facing while even-numbered rows are forward-facing. Rear-facing window seats have their seats installed near the window while front-facing seats have their seats installed near the aisle.
Additionally, not all seats have the quad and couple functions so it’s important to choose the right seat in advance based on how you travel. Here are some tips on how to choose your seats:
Solo travelers should pick the front-facing window seats (B/J) and rear-facing window seats (A/K). Just remember that front-facing seats have their seats installed near the aisle so if you want a better window view, pick the rear-facing seats.
Two travelers who are friends or colleagues can pick the front-facing seats. These seats will give them the freedom to talk to each other but not the option of converting their seats into a double bed. These are the even-numbered seats, specifically the D/G seats.
Couple travelers should pick the rear-facing middle seats that have double-bed features. These are the odd-numbered seats, specifically the E/F seats.
Travelers In Groups Of 4
Families or friends who are traveling in groups of 4 should pick the “Quad” seats so they will have the option of converting their seats into a mini private space. Based on the sample image above, these are the seats that you should pick:
- 1E and 1F + 2D and 2G
- 3E and 3F + 4D and 4G
- 5E and 5F + 6D and 6G
- 7E and 7F + 8D and 8G
- 9E and 9F + 10D and 10G
These are basically the odd-numbered rows and even-numbered rows in the middle that are facing each other.
Which Routes Have Qsuites?
That said, at time of writing, Qsuites are offered on the following flights to/from Doha. You can find an updated list of the Qsuite routes on the Qatar Airways website.
- Americas – Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington DC, Sao Paulo, and Buenos Aires
- Asia – Bangkok, Bengaluru, Beijing, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Maldives/Male, Mumbai, Shanghai, Singapore, and Tokyo
- Australia/New Zealand – Adelaide, Auckland, and Sydney/Canberra
- Europe – Amsterdam, Berlin, Copenhagen, Frankfurt, London, Malaga, Milan, Munich, Paris, Stockholm, Zürich, and
- Middle East – Kuwait, Muscat, and Beirut
How To Book Qsuites With Miles?
You can book Qatar business class award flights in three ways: Using Qmiles, booking through partner airlines, or using transfer partners.
Qmiles is the mile currency of Qatar airways and you can earn them directly by flying on Qatar Airways or spending on airline business partners.
Per flight, Qatar charges the following Qmiles from the U.K. to Doha, one-way per person:
- Economy: 29,000 Qmiles
- Business: 58,000 Qmiles
Booking Through Partner Airlines
Qatar Airways is a member of the OneWorld alliance so if you have a frequent flyer membership on any of these alliance members below, you can use your respective miles to book Qatar Airways flights.
- Alaska Airlines
- American Airlines
- British Airways
- Cathay Pacific
- Japan Airlines
- Malaysia Airlines
- Royal Air Maroc
- Royal Jordanian
- S7 airlines
- Sri Lankan Airlines
- Fiji Airways
You don’t need to convert your miles into Qmiles to be able to book a flight. For example, if you have 140,000 American Airlines AAdvantage miles, you can directly use them to book a round-trip flight from Doha to the US.
Using Transfer Partners (sort of)
Some airlines allow you to transfer credit card points (Amex or Chase) into your airline loyalty program but that’s not the case for Qatar Airways.
However, there’s a workaround for that and you can do that by transferring your points to a OneWorld alliance partner. For example, you can transfer your Chase or Amex points to British Airways, then book Qatar Airways flights using your Avios points.
Here are some of the cards that earn Membership Rewards points:
- American Express® Gold Card – Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards points after spending $4,000 within the first six months of card membership (Terms Apply). See our complete card review here.
- The Platinum Card® from American Express – Earn 100,000 Amex Membership Rewards points after spending $6,000 on eligible purchases within six months of card membership (Terms Apply). See our complete card review here.
Here are cards that can help your earn Chase points:
- Chase Sapphire Reserve – Earn 50,000 bonus points (worth $750 when redeemed at Chase Ultimate Rewards) after spending $4,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred – Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
Qatar Airways is no doubt the world’s best airline at the moment when it comes to luxury travel. No airline can beat its Qsuites’ quad seats, privacy doors, and top-notch services.
PointsPanda Deal of the Week!
Looking for the best flight deals? Each week we'll send you updates with the best deals on flights and hotels both using points and cash.