Points Panda has partnered with a variety of financial companies including CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points Panda and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. For more information please read our full Advertiser Disclosure.
Marriott Bonvoy offers more than just hotel experiences for its loyal members. It also offers Marriott Moments which is a collection of both local and international experiences that you can also redeem using your Marriot points.
Before Marriott, SPG, and Ritz-Carlton merged in 2018, Marriot Moments has always been a crowd-favorite even when it was still a separate program. After the merger, it’s even a much better program with more out-of-the-box experiences such as virtual cooking sessions, attending the Emmy Awards, or watching the Harlem Globetrotters.
What Are Marriott Moments?
Marriott Bonvoy Moments is a vast collection of experiences coming from different Marriott partners around the world. The Marriot experiences are grouped into four categories:
- Culinary – Includes exclusive experiences such as food festivals, wine tasting events, culinary classes with celebrity chefs, and more.
- Arts and Lifestyle – Immerse yourself in cultural experiences, wellness retreats, and musicals.
- Sports – Watch different sports events such as basketball, football, racing, and more.
- Entertainment – Get VIP access at sold out concerts and music festivals which may come with premium seats and hotel packages.
The experiences change on a regular basis since some are only one-time events. You can see visit the Marriott Bonvoy Moments website to check the latest experiences and see which ones you can redeem using your Marriott Points.
However, there are a few limitations when redeeming experiences:
- You can only redeem up to five experiences per calendar year
- Each event is limited up to two redemptions only
Once you’ve maxed out the allowable redemptions, you can start enjoying Marriots experiences again starting January 1st of the following year.
How To Book Marriot Moments
There are two ways on how to redeem experiences using your Marriott points. The first is the most obvious option which is to redeem them with a fixed number of points. You just select an experience, pick how many redemptions you want (limited to two per event), and simply pay with points.
The second option is in auction format which means that you need to go into a bidding war against other members who are also interested in the same event. Once you enter your initial bid, succeeding bids must be done in increments of 2,500 points or more, however, you also have the option to set a maximum bid that you can afford.
Here are the steps on how to book Marriot experiences:
- Sign in to your account and select the experience that you want on the Marriot Bonvoy Moments homepage.
2. View the different experiences available. Some experiences require you to bid while some can be redeemed right away.
3. Once done, fill out the necessary information to complete your booking. Just remember that bids and redemptions cannot be canceled or transferred so make sure to carefully choose the Marriott experiences that you want.
If you have more questions on how to redeem Marriott Bonvoy moments, feel free to check the website’s FAQs.
Marriot Moments VS Marriot Activities
Apart from Marriott Moments, the Marriott Bonvoy program also offers Marriott Activities which is a separate site that’s entirely dedicated to paid tours and activities. You don’t have to be a loyalty member to purchase activities but if you are, you will earn points on eligible activities at 10 points per dollar (which you can then use to redeem experiences on Marriott Moments).
With regards to double-dipping, it’s unlikely that these activities will be considered as eligible dining purchases or travel experiences s on Marriott Bonvoy Cards and other travel credit cards. However, you can still use your card to double-dip on the “1x or 2x points earned on all other purchases” category.
Earning Marriot Points WIth Credit Cards
If you want to start redeeming experiences at Mariott Moments, then better start earning Marriott Points. The perfect way to do it is through credit cards and Marriott has a great lineup of co-branded credit cards that comes with solid welcome bonuses and travel perks.
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express Card – Earn 75,000 Marriott Bonvoy bonus points after spending $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
- Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card – Earn 100,000 Marriott Bonvoy bonus points after spending $5,000 on eligible purchases within the first 3 months of Card Membership (Offer ends 5/18/22).
- Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card – Earn three free night awards (each night valued up to 50,000 points) after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first three months of account opening.
- Marriott Bonvoy Bold Credit Card – Earn 30,000 Marriot Bonvoy bonus points after spending $1,000 on purchases in your first 3 months of account opening.
Alternatively, if you have a Chase or Amex cards that earn actual Chase points and Amex points (not cashback), you can transfer those points to Marriott Bonvoy at a 1:1 ratio.
For Chase, cards that earn Chase points would be the Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Sapphire Preferred, or the Ink Business Preferred Credit Card. For Amex, it would be the American Express Platinum Card or the American Express Gold Card.
Marriott Moments are a great way to spend your points apart from the usual hotel experiences. There are lots of experiences to choose from and some would even come in packages that include dining and hotel services. Expect more experiences in the following months to come as Marriott is continuously adding more partners to its program.