Points Panda has partnered with a variety of financial companies including CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points Panda and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. For more information please read our full Advertiser Disclosure.
The Delta Reserve Business Card is a pretty straightforward credit card that allows business owners and frequent Delta flyers to get big sign-up bonuses, access to VIP lounges, and more. It’s also one of the few Amex cards that can give you a boost to reach Delta Medallion Status.
Credit Card Basics
Cardholders can earn 3 miles per dollar on Delta purchases and 1 mile per dollar on non-Delta purchases. However, your earnings for non-Delta purchases will increase to 1.5 miles per dollar for the rest of the year, once you spend a minimum of $150,000.
Fees And Bonuses
Take note that this is a premium card with premium benefits, hence, the $550 annual fee. The price may sound like a lot, but the Delta Reserve Business Card has a pretty good sign-up bonus. New cardholders, who spend at least $5000 in the first three months of opening an account, will get 80,000 miles and 20,000 MQMs.
On top of that, you’ll also get additional 20,000 miles after your membership anniversary and 15,000 more MQMs when you spend $30,000 in a calendar year. You can avail of the 15,000 MQM bonus up to four times per year, which means that if you spend $120,000 within a year, you’ll get 60,000 MQMs in total.
MQMs or Medallion Qualifying Miles determines a cardholder’s Medallion status. If you’re Medallion Status, you’ll get additional perks and benefits that are not available to regular Delta SkyMiles members.
Why You Should Get The Delta Reserve Business Card
- Reach Medallion Status Fast – The sign-up bonus alone gives Delta SkyMiles members 20,000 MQMs, which is just 5,000 MQMs short of reaching Silver Medallion status.
- Get Access To Delta SkyClub Lounges – Cardholders can enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi, fresh food, and other amenities in over 50 SkyClub locations.
- Zero Transaction Fees For Purchases Abroad – Enjoy zero foreign transaction fees when you spend on your travels while earning miles and rewards at the same time.
- Exclusive Benefits For Business Owners – Your Amex card allows you to register for an online management account, where you can organize business purchases and track your spending. You can also get free (and zero-fee) supplementary cards for your employees and set spending limits for each one.
- Complimentary Annual Companion Certificates – Companion certificates are awarded every year to cardholders that renew their cards. The certificate allows you to bring another person with you for free on eligible round-trip domestic flights.
- Other Notable Features – The other perks that come along with the Delta Reserve Business Card include 20% discounts on in-flight purchases, free checked bags, ticket presales, VIP events, travel package discounts, ShopRunner service, and car purchase discounts.
Why You Should NOT Get The Card
- Costly Annual fee – If you’re not a frequent Delta flyer, it doesn’t make sense paying for a $550 annual fee. You won’t be able to maximize all of the benefits because you can only earn a big chunk of miles and MQMs through Delta purchases.
- Balance Transfers Are Not Allowed: A lot of credit card holders do balance transfers from one credit card to another to save money on interest. It’s quite unfortunate that this card does not have that option.
- High APR Penalties: APR penalties are at 29.99% Variable and late fees can reach up to $39 (See Rates & Fees).
We’ve mentioned it at the beginning of this article that the Delta Reserve Business Card is perfect for big spenders on Delta flights and business purchases. It just makes total sense because you’d reach Medallion status at a much faster pace, and automatically get a Delta SkyClub membership.
It’s even a plus for you if you’re a business owner because your frequent spending activity can help you earn more miles and MQMs. You’ll also receive more perks and benefits once you reach Medallion status.
If you’re not a business owner or a frequent traveler, you can opt for the Amex Blue Cash Preferred Card instead. It’s perfect for big spenders on groceries, gas, and streaming services because it has cashback rates that reach up to 6%.