Points Panda has partnered with a variety of financial companies including CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points Panda and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. For more information please read our full Advertiser Disclosure.
JetBlue is among the many airlines that offer vacation packages and they do that through their JetBlue Vacations services. These are basically flights, hotels, car rentals, and other travel products all sold in one place so that customers won’t have a hard time planning their trips.
You’ll find a wide selection of travel deals in more than a hundred destinations in the U.S., Canada, Central America, the Caribbean, and more.
While JetBlue Vacations may be marketed as “vacation packages”, JetBlue still allows you to customize your trips. You can pick the hotel, room price, and flight schedule that you want so you actually get what you’re paying for.
If you’re planning to book a trip through JetBlue Vacations, here’s everything that you need to know.
What Are JetBlue Vacations Packages?
JetBlue Vacations is basically a travel website where customers can bundle flight tickets, hotel bookings, and other travel products together and conveniently pay for them all at once.
You don’t have to make multiple bookings on different websites and get confused with your purchases. Nobody wants to stress about these things, especially during a vacation.
The payment options are also convenient because you can pay the partial amount upon booking and pay the remaining balance before your trip. You don’t have to pay cancellation fees too if ever you decide to cancel your trip.
How To Book JetBlue Packages
Booking your future JetBlue Holidays is quick and easy. Here are three easy steps on how to do it:
1. Visit jetbluevacations.com
On the homepage, you’ll see a search box where you can input the date, location, and number of guests on your trip. After that, just click the “Search flights + hotel button” to proceed with your booking.
2. Pick Your Accommodation
The next step would be to choose your hotel accommodation and room type. There are more than a hundred hotel partners listed on the website so you can use the filter section to help you pick the perfect hotel that suits you best.
The filter section allows you to choose your hotel according to:
- Price range
- Tripadvisor rating
- Star rating
- Distance from the city center
- Property type (resort, condo, inn, etc.)
You can also use the Map View button if you want to pick hotels by location. This tool allows you to see where the hotels are located so that you can plan out your trips properly.
3. Choose Your Flight Schedule
On the flight selection page, you can choose the time of departure and time of return (for roundtrip flights) of your flights. You can even pick a flight with stops if you want to.
If you want to purchase a car rental service, you can just click the “Add a car” button and you’ll be taken to the car selection page.
Otherwise, just click the “Continue to checkout” button to complete your purchase.
Complete Your JetBlue Vacations Purchase
Once you’ve finalized your itinerary, fill out the form on the payment page with the required information then you can choose to pay in full or pay in installments. Make sure to double-check your trip details before you pay so you can still make necessary changes if needed.
One of JetBlue Vacations’ advantages is that you can make a Trip Hold for your chosen itinerary. For a small fee of $25, the trip hold allows you to reserve your trip until 11 p.m EST on the same day. Just make sure you complete your purchases by the said time to avoid forfeiture of your deposit.
You can also reserve the trip if you’re already sure about your purchase but you don’t want to pay in full and you also don’t want to pay in installments.
You can do this by paying a non-refundable reservation fee of $200 per person for flight and hotel packages. The remaining balance must be paid in full 30 days before your trip if it’s a domestic trip and 45 days before your trip if it’s an international trip. You can learn more about JetBlue Vacations’ payment policies here.
Read More: All You Need To Know About JetBlue FlyFi
JetBlue Packages Payment Options
JetBlue gives customers the flexibility to pay for their vacation packages using the payment method that they prefer.
- Cash and TrueBlue points – On the home page, make sure your click the “Use TrueBlue Points” in the search box before you proceed in creating your itinerary. This allows you to pay for your packages using a combination of cash (using your credit card) and TruBlue points.
- JetBlue Credit Cards – You can use any credit card to make your purchase but using a JetBlue Card or JetBlue Plus Card allows you to earn TrueBlue points on your purchase.
- Upfront Deposit – As mentioned above, you can reserve your vacation packages for a non-refundable fee of $200 per person. Just make sure to follow the payment schedule – 30 days prior to departure for domestic trips and 40 days prior to departure for international trips.
- Pay In Installments – For expensive vacation packages, you can also choose to pay in monthly installments so that you can spread out your payments.
Additionally, you can also get cheaper prices with the help of JetBlue’s Best Price Guarantee. What does this do? Well, if you can find a cheaper price for your vacation package on JetBlue or on other websites within the next 48 hours and 7 days before your departure, you can ask JetBlue to beat the price that you found.
Just remember that has to be the same exact package – flight, seat category, hotels, hotel rooms, car rentals, etc. JetBlue will refund the price difference once it verifies that it is indeed the same exact package.
How To Earn More TrueBlue Points
Using TrueBlue Points is a great way to save a lot of money when paying for vacation packages. The two primary ways of earning TrueBlue points are by flying on JetBlue flights and using JetBlue credit cards, but did you know that you can also use transfer partners?
Transfer partners allow you to transfer points from a card issuer like Chase or Amex into your TrueBlue account. You can transfer points at a 1:1 ratio with Chase and at a 5:4 ratio with Amex, although Amex sometimes offers transfer rate promotions of 1:1.
Here are some great cards with big welcome bonuses that you can apply for:
- Chase Sapphire Preferred – Earn 80,000 bonus points once you spend a total of $4,000 within three months of getting your card.
- Chase Sapphire Reserve – Earn 50,000 bonus points (worth $750 when redeemed at Chase Ultimate Rewards after spending $4,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
- Platinum Card from American Express– Earn a welcome bonus of 100,000 Membership Rewards Points after spending $6,000 within the first 6 months of card membership.
- American Express Gold Card– Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards points after spending $4,000 within the first six months of card membership.
The bottom line
If you’re already flying JetBlue on a regular basis, then it’s a no-brainer to book your next trip with JetBlue vacations. You’ll find cheap bundle deals with flexible payment terms to satisfy your travel cravings.