Points Panda has partnered with a variety of financial companies including CreditCards.com for our coverage of credit card products. Points Panda and CreditCards.com may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers. Enrollment may be required for select American Express benefits and offers. Visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired. For more information please read our full Advertiser Disclosure.
It’s official! Hyatt is finally adding a business card to its portfolio – the new World of Hyatt Business Credit Card. It’s the first co-branded business card from both Chase and Hyatt and it’s been a long time coming since the World of Hyatt Credit Card (personal card) was launched.
Chase and Hyatt loyalists should take note that the new World of Hyatt Business Credit Card isn’t just a minor revision from its personal counterpart. On its own, it’s a great product that comes with flexible earning categories, cashback, status accelerators, and a solid welcome bonus.
Key Details Of The New World Of Hyatt Business Credit Card
- Welcome bonus of 60,000 Bonus Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
- 9x points on Hyatt stays and experiences (Note: 4 points per $1 come from the credit card spend and 5 base points come from being a World of Hyatt member)
- 2 points per dollar for fitness club and gym memberships, and 1 point per dollar on all other purchases
- 2 points per dollar on your top three categories each quarter until the end of 2023. Note this process is automatically selected for you. For example if dining is in your top 3 categories you will automatically get 2x per dollar in this category.
- 10% bonus points back on redeemed points back on up to 200k points spent per year (bonus points back feature only starts after spending $50K in a calendar year for the rest of the calendar year)
- Up to $100 in Hyatt credits (This is earned as a $50 statement credit applied automatically twice a year when you spend at Hyatt properties)
- Status accelerator and 5 elite night credits (after spending $10,000 in a calendar year)
- You automatically get World of Hyatt Discoverist status which may entitling you to free perks like preferred rooms (upon availability), late check out and more. Even better you can assign Discoverist status to up to 5 employees free of charge!
- No foreign transaction fees
- $199 annual fee
60k Welcome Bonus
The World of Hyatt Business credit card comes with a 60,000-point welcome bonus after spending $5,000 within three months of account opening. Sure, the spending requirement is quite high for a personal card but you’ll be getting the bonus in the form of Hyatt points which are convertible into Ultimate Rewards points at a 1:1 ratio when transferred to a Chase Sapphire Reserve or Chase Sapphire Preferred card.
This means you can get more value from those 60,000 bonus Hyatt points you initially got because you now have more redemption options. Take note that Chase points are one of the most valuable points currencies in the world of credit cards.
The card comes with lots of earning categories that can help you rack up a big amount of points in no time.
You can earn up to 9x points in total on Hyatt stays and experiences – 4x points at Hyatt hotels and resorts as a World of Hyatt Business credit cardholder and an additional 5x points at Hyatt hotels and resorts for being a member of the World of Hyatt loyalty program. Take note that this spending category also includes participating restaurants and spas.
Additionally, you can also earn 2x points on fitness and gym memberships, and 1x point on all other purchases.
2X Bonus Points Adaptive Accelerator
The card also has an “adaptive accelerator” which lets you earn 2x points on your top three spending categories through December 31, 2023, and 2x points on your top two spending categories starting 2023 and onwards.
Here are the 8 eligible categories in this accelerator:
- Tickets purchased directly with the airline
- Car rentals
- Local transit and commuting
- Gas stations
- Internet, cable, and phone services
- Social media and search engine advertising
This would be the first time that Chase implemented an “adaptive accelerator” feature to one of its cards. It’s actually one of the card’s main selling points because it can potentially boost your earning potential given the flexible categories the card provides. What we like about this feature is you don’t have to spend tons of time thinking about which card to use to earn a 2x bonus it just works automatically.
10% Redemption Bonus (After spending $50k in a calendar year)
The best strategy is to make all your business purchases at the beginning of each year so that once you reach the spending threshold, you have lots of time to earn redemption bonuses on your points redemptions for the rest of the year. Additionally, you’ll also fast-track to elite status with this strategy.
Cardholders will also receive $50 worth of statement credits every card anniversary if they can spend $50 or more on Hyatt properties. You can do this up to two times per year so that totals $100 worth of statement credits per calendar year.
If you’re a frequent spender on Hyatt properties, you can easily get the $100 credit and this basically cuts down your $199 annual fee in half.
Status Accelerator And Elite Night Credits
You’ll get an automatic Discoverist elite status and the ability to also give five people the same status. Here are some of the benefits of getting Discoverist Status:
- 10% bonus on points-earning with Hyatt
- 5 base points per eligible $1 at Hyatt properties,
- MGM M Life Pearl status match (free self-parking, buffet line)
- 2 p.m. late checkout outside of resorts.
- Complimentary premium internet
- Daily bottled water
- Room upgrades within the same type you booked (depends on availability at participating locations)
The card also comes with 5 elite night credits for each $10,000 you spend in a calendar year. Yes, it’s not for free compared to the World of Hyatt Credit Card (personal version) which automatically comes with 5 free elite night credits + 2 elite night credits for each $5,000 spent.
While it may not have free elite night credits, big spenders would be able to maximize earning elite credits on a regular basis with the new World of Hyatt Business Card. For a $10,000 spend, the personal card only gives you 4 elite night credits while the business card gives you 5 elite night credits.
Travel Perks & Insurance
Just like any other travel credit card, the new World of Hyatt Busines credit card also comes with basic travel insurance and other travel perks that you might need on your trips.
- Zero foreign transaction fees
- Roadside assistance
- Primary rental car collision damage waiver
- Extended warranty protection
- Purchase protection
- Trip cancellation and travel interruption insurance
- Travel and emergency assistance services
- Access to Hyatt Leverage for eligible businesses. This gives you exclusive rates to participating Hyatt hotels worldwide
Who Is This Card Good For?
The new World of Hyatt Business Credit Card is perfect for small to medium business owners who spends on multiple categories every year.
The card gives them enough flexibility to change up their spending yet still maximize the number of points earned per dollar. With the 10% redemption bonus , it’s also obvious that the card specifically targets business owners who have massive spending every year.
However, if you’re just a start-up business or someone who only does business on the side with no significant annual spending, you may want to opt for the World of Hyatt Credit Card. It has a lesser annual fee of $95 and comes with five free elite night credits that can instantly give you a headstart to reach elite status.
It’s great that Chase finally introduced the “adaptive accelerator” to one of its products, however, there are other cards that have the same feature.
Citi Custom Cash Card
Although not a business card, the Citi Custom Cash℠ Card lets you earn 5% cashback on your top spending category on up to $500 for every billing cycle. It also comes with $200 cashback after spending $1,500 on purchases in the first 6 months of account opening.
American Express Business Gold Card
The American Express® Business Gold Card is one of the first cards to implement the “adaptive accelerator” feature. Cardholders will earn 4x Membership Rewards points on your top two spending categories each month of up to $150,000 in combined purchases every calendar year; then 1x thereafter.
The spending categories include:
- Computer hardware
- Gas stations
- U.S. purchases for shipping
- Cloud Storage
If you’re deciding to pick between the Amex Business Gold Card and the Hyatt Business Card, always consider your spending habits.
Can You Get Both The Personal And Business Hyatt Cards?
Yes, you can actually get the World of Hyatt Credit Card and World of Hyatt Business Credit Card at the same time. There are many reasons why you should do it but just be mindful of the Chase 5/24 rule.
Getting both cards would boost your earnings on elite night credits. The personal card will give you a headstart of 5 free elite night credits while the business card gives 25% more elite night credits for every $10,000 spend.
Thoughts From Points Panda
The World of Hyatt Business Credit Card basically costs $99 if you try to factor in the two $50 statement credits you’ll get every year. That’s a great deal given the card’s 60,000 point welcome bonus, flexible reward categories, and 10% back on points redeemed after spending $50,000.
However, the card will only do a little in helping you reach top-tier status. One of the main reasons for getting this card is if you have multiple spending categories for your business. Take advantage of the 2x adaptive accelerator so you can increase your earning potential.
PointsPanda Deal of the Week!
Looking for the best flight deals? Each week we'll send you updates with the best deals on flights and hotels both using points and cash.
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.