Points Panda has partnered with a variety of financial companies including CreditCards.com for our coverage of credit card products. Points Panda and CreditCards.com may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers. Enrollment may be required for select American Express benefits and offers. Visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired. For more information please read our full Advertiser Disclosure.
In 2017, Qatar Airways launched one of the best business classes named “Qatar Qsuite.” Qatar Airways is known as one of the leading airlines globally, particularly when it comes to offering unparalleled comfort and exceptional business-class services. Qatar Quites brought suite-style seats to the business class, featuring closing doors and flexible configurations like the double bed in the center section. For the sixth time In 2021, Qatar Business Class, aka the Qatar Qsuites, was named the World’s Best Business Class by Skytrax Awards.
Table of Contents
Isn’t that like flying in your own room in a luxurious hotel? With an extensive selection of gourmet meals and beverages prepared by world-class chefs, touchscreen monitors for movies and entertainment, your privacy with closed doors, etc. Qsuite is a luxurious and innovative business-class product that provides passengers with a remarkable travel experience.
In this article, we are gonna talk about everything you need to know about Qatar Airways’ Qsuite. We’ll discuss the different routes it operates on, the seat configuration, benefits, awards you can book with Qsuites, etc.
Features of Qatar Qsuites
The Qatar Airways Qsuite offers a range of features designed to provide passengers with a luxurious and comfortable travel experience. Some of the key features of the Qsuite include:
- Privacy: The Qsuite provides an exceptionally high level of privacy. Each seat is enclosed with a sliding door with a “Do Not Disturb” button, allowing passengers to have their own personal space during the flight.
- Fully Lie-Flat Beds: The seats in the Qsuite can be transformed into fully lie-flat beds, allowing you to relax and sleep comfortably during long-haul flights.
- Ample Storage Space: The Qsuite provides ample storage options, including compartments for storing personal items, overhead bins, and dedicated spaces for shoes and bags.
- In-Seat Entertainment: Each seat in the Qsuite is equipped with a personal entertainment system featuring a large high-definition screen. Passengers can enjoy a wide selection of movies, TV shows, music, and games.
- Onboard Connectivity: The Qsuite offers Wi-Fi connectivity, enabling passengers to stay connected, browse the internet, or communicate with friends and family throughout the flight.
- Fine Dining: Qatar Airways is renowned for its exceptional inflight dining experience, and the Qsuite is no exception. Passengers can enjoy gourmet meals along with a selection of premium beverages.
Which Routes Have Qsuites?
Qatar Airways operates Qsuites flights on various routes from/to Doha:
|New York (JFK)
|Hong Kong (HKG)
|Washington D.C. (IAD)
|Los Angeles (LAX)
|Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW)
|Sao Paulo (GRU)
|Buenos Aires (EZE)
|Kuala Lumpur (KUL)
Planes That Have Qsuites
Qatar Airways has equipped several aircraft in its fleet with the Qsuite; Qatar Airways have 10 different types of passenger fleet, and 4 out of them have Qsuites- selected Boeing 777-200LRs, 777-300ERs, Airbus A350-900s and all A350-1000s.
Airbus A350-1000: Qatar Airways has equipped all Airbus A350-1000 aircraft with the Qsuite. This is the only fleet of Qatar Airways in which every aircraft have Qsuites. The A350-1000 is the larger variant of the A350 XWB family.
Boeing 777-300ER: Out of 54 777-300ERs, 34 are equipped with Qsuites. However, it’s worth noting that not all 777-300ERs are in their fleet, but there are good chances that when you take this flight, it might have Qsuites.
Boeing 777-200LR: Nearly 80% of the 200LRs have the Qsuites. So, if you are flying a Boeing 777-200LR, there are good chances that it has Qsuites.
Airbus A350-900: Qatar Airways has installed the Qsuite Airbus A350-900 aircraft. Out of all the fleets which have Qsuites, Airbus A350-900 has the lowest count, but you will find Qsuites in most 900s that are now in service.
As mentioned that some of this fleet doesn’t have Qsuite, and it might not be very clear whether the flight you are taking has Qsuite or not. If you want to confirm, then check your flight’s seat configuration; if it has a staggered 1-2-1 seat configuration in business class, as shown in the image in the section below, then your flight has Qsuite. You can check the below seat configuration for better clarity.
One of the things that makes Qsuites fabulous is its seats. It offers a high level of privacy and comfort for passengers. The seat configuration in the Qsuite configuration is designed in a staggered 1-2-1 pattern. This means that the seats are arranged in alternating positions, some facing forward and others facing toward the rear of the aircraft.
Here are the key points regarding the seating configuration in Qatar Airways’ Qsuite:
- Odd-numbered rows have rear-facing seats, while even-numbered rows have forward-facing seats.
- The rear-facing seats in the side sections are positioned closer to the window, offering increased privacy. At the same time, the forward-facing seats in the side sections are located closer to the aisle.
- In the center sections, when the seats are facing the rear of the plane, they are positioned closer together, creating a more intimate setting for passengers traveling together.
- In the front-facing rows of the center section, the seats are placed farther apart, providing more personal space for each passenger.
Which Seat to Select?
If you’re traveling alone and want to enjoy a great view from your window seat, I recommend choosing either the front-facing window seats (B/J) or the rear-facing window seats (A/K) on your flight. Front-facing seats are positioned closer to the aisle while rear-facing seats offer a better window view.
If you are traveling with your colleague or friend, you can pick the front-facing seats. These seats will give them the freedom to talk to each other but not the option of converting their seats into double beds. These are the even-numbered seats, specifically the D/G seats.
If you’re traveling as a couple, it’s a great idea to choose the rear-facing middle seats in the Qatar Airways Qsuite. These seats, specifically the odd-numbered seats E and F, offer a unique double-bed feature. By converting these seats, you can create a cozy space where you can relax and sleep together during the flight.
Travelers In Groups Of 4
Families or friends who are traveling in groups of 4 should pick the “Quad” seats so they will have the option of converting their seats into a mini private space. Based on the sample image above, these are the seats that you should pick:
- 1E and 1F + 2D and 2G
- 3E and 3F + 4D and 4G
- 5E and 5F + 6D and 6G
- 7E and 7F + 8D and 8G
- 9E and 9F + 10D and 10G
Booking Qsuite With Points
Qatar Airways has its own loyalty program named Qatar Privilege Club, and in March 2022, Qatar Airways joined the Avios loyalty program, so you have the option to book as well transfer points between British Airways, Aer Lingus, and Iberia. Also, you might know that Qatar Airways is a Oneworld partner member, so you have various options to book Qsuites with points. So, Qatar Airways partners include Avios members and Oneworld members. Here we will discuss some of the best redemption options.
As I mentioned above that in 2022, Qatar Airways joined Avios, allowing for Avios to be easily transferred between British Airways, Air Lingus, and Iberia. Here are some of the sweet spots with Avios:
U.S. to Doha 70,000 Qatar and British Airways Avios in Qsuites, One-Way
f you’re looking to use your Avios for a more luxurious experience, a one-way business class flight from the United States to Doha or reverse can be booked for just 70,000 Avios like:
- Atlanta (ATL) – Doha(DOH) – One way in Qsuite for 70,000 Avios + taxes and fees.
Some of the other routes you can take:
- Boston (BOS) – Doha(DOH)
- Chicago (ORD) – Doha(DOH)
You can also take Paris to Doha at 43,000 Qatar and British Airways Avios in Qsuites, One-Way and 86,000 Avios for a round trip.
Qatar Airways has an exclusive partnership with Citi ThankYou Rewards. But after joining Avios, you can transfer points between Qatar Airways and British Airways at a 1:1 ratio. So, with the following credit cards, you can earn points and transfer them to book your flight to Qatar Qsuite:
1. American Express Membership Rewards
By making purchases with eligible American Express cards, you can earn Membership Rewards points, which can be transferred to British Airways Avios at a 1:1 ratio and then be transferred directly to Qatar Avios at a 1:1 ratio from British Airways.
Credit Cards to earn American Express Membership Rewards:
- American Express® Gold Card
- American Express® Platinum Card
- American Express® Business Gold Card
- American Express Business Platinum Card
- American Express Blue Business® Plus Credit Card
2. Chase Ultimate Rewards
You can transfer points at a ratio of 1:1 from the Chase Ultimate Rewards Credit Cards to British Airways easily and then again to Qatar Avios at 1:1. Chase provides various credit cards in different categories to earn points.
Credit Cards to earn Chase Ultimate Rewards
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Chase Freedom Flex℠
- Chase Freedom Unlimited®
- Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card
- Ink Business Cash® Credit Card
- Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card
3. Capital One Miles
You can also transfer Capital One Miles to Avios. Transfers between Capital One Miles and BA Avios, then British Avios to Qatar Avios typically at a 1:1 ratio.
- Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card
- Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
- Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card
- Capital One Spark Miles for Business
4. Citi ThankYou Points
You can transfer Citi ThankYou points directly to Qatar Avios. You can transfer points between Capital One Miles and Qatar Avios at a 1:1 ratio.
Credit Cards that earn Citi ThankYou points.
American Airlines AAdvantage
As mentioned, Qatar Airways is a Oneworld Alliance member, so you have some options for booking with points, and one of them is American Airlines AAdvantage. Also, American Airlines AAdvantage follows a similar redemption chart to British Airways and Qatar Airways.
If you want to redeem your AA miles, you can book the luxurious Qsuites with it! Here are some of the routes you can take:
Fly Doha to the US: Business Class 70,000 miles one-way, 140,000 miles round trip.
- Houston (IAH) – Doha (DOH) one-way for 70,000 AA miles
- Los Angeles (LAX) – Doha (DOH) one-way for 70,000 AA miles
Fly Doha to Europe: Business Class 42,500 miles one-way, 85,000 miles round trip.
Fly Doha to Asia 2: Business Class 40,000 AA miles one-way, 80,000 AA miles round trip.
Like: Tokyo-Narita (NRT) – Doha (DOH) one-way for 40,000 AA miles
Fly Doha to Australia: Business Class 80,000 AA miles one-way, 160,000 AA round trip.
One of the benefits that you get from AA points and not in BA or Qatar Avios is the option to have a layover in Doha and then continue your journey to another city in the Middle East or the Indian subcontinent without needing to use extra miles.
AA Miles Transfer Partners
Marriott Bonvoy Points
Marriott Points transfers occur at a ratio of 3:1.
- Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Bold® Credit Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card
Only Qatar Qsuites can provide a level of flexibility, allowing passengers to create a personal suite or connect multiple seats for a shared experience. With dedicated service and exclusive amenities, including gourmet dining options and premium entertainment systems, the Qatar Qsuite sets a new standard for in-flight excellence. And with Avios and Oneworld Alliance flexibility to redeem your collected points. Whether you are traveling for business or leisure, this innovative offering promises an extraordinary journey that combines exceptional comfort, impeccable service, and a truly memorable experience.
Interest in flying around the world using credit card points? Check out our site to learn the basics, and follow our blog for more tips on how to make your dream vacation a reality. You can also sign up for our travel concierge and get unlimited credit cards and travel assistance for one full year.
PointsPanda Deal of the Week!
Looking for the best flight deals? Each week we'll send you updates with the best deals on flights and hotels both using points and cash.